[Crm-sig] A CRM API?

Simon Spero sesuncedu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 01:51:03 EEST 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Gerald de Jong <gerald at delving.eu> wrote:

> I'm wondering if the SIG has some kind of CRM API available so that
> software can easily retrieve the model and its component parts
> individually.  What I'm thinking of is a REST interface which makes it easy
> to build CRM browser software in Javascript, exposing scope notes and any
> other materials (video fragments of Stephen Stead?).

The output of X3ML is generally RDF, right?

If the data are exposed via a SPARQL endpoint, then that will provide a
REST-*ish* API.

GET /sparql/?query=*<sparql query>* HTTP/1.1
Host: *<hostname>*
Accept: application/sparql-results+json

You can also use POST for longer queries (hence the "-ish")

see:

SPARQL 1.1 Protocol Recommendation:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-protocol/

SPARQL 1.1 JSON Results Format: