[Crm-sig] Fwd: ITN-DCH:CRMEX 2014 extended deadline

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Sun Jul 27 23:15:48 EEST 2014

Dear colleagues,

Our apologies for this late notice! Due to reasons we still are
investigating,
this message did unfortunately not pass through the crm-sig mail server
before.
We hope you can still contribute!

apologies for cross posting

  2nd Workshop on Practical Experiences with CIDOC CRM and its
  Extensions, London, 12th September 2014

https://events.idi.ntnu.no/crmex2014/

CfP: Practical Experiences with CIDOC CRM and its Extensions - CRMEX 2014

Dear Colleagues, please consider to contribute to and/or forward to appropriate mailing lists.

CALL FOR PAPERS
Practical Experiences with CIDOC CRM and its Extensions - CRMEX 2014
Workshop at the DL 2014 Conference, 12th September 2014, London, UK

IMPORTANT DATES
* August 1st: Submission deadline
* August 10th: Notification of acceptance
* August 11th: Registration deadline for authors
* September 1st:  Camera-ready version due
* September 12th: Workshop

Workshop page:http://events.idi.ntnu.no/crmex2014/
Submission page:https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=crmex2014

MOTIVATION
The CIDOC CRM (ISO 21127:2006) is a conceptual model and ontology with a fundamental role in many data integration efforts in the Cultural Heritage (CH) and Digital Libraries domain. It provides the "semantic glue" needed to mediate, merge and integrate different sources of cultural heritage information, such as that published by museums, libraries and archives. The model has spawned or influenced various CRM-compliant models, adaptations and extensions, such as:

- FRBRoo - a formal ontology for bibliographic information based on FRBR
- CRM Digitization (CRMdig) for digitization and provenance
- CRM for English Heritage (CRMEH) for archaeology
- British Museum Ontology (BMO) for museum objects
- Sharing Ancient Wisdoms (SAWS) for medieval gnomologia
- PRESSoo, a FRBRoo extension for serial publications
- Europeana Data Model (EDM)

The overall objective of the workshop is to facilitate and stimulate discussions, development and research related to CIDOC CRM applications and extension.

SCOPE AND TOPICS
The workshop invites papers that cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:

Modeling, ontology development, mapping
- CRM-compliant extension ontologies and domain specializations.
- Principles for extending CRM
- Best practices for representing specific domains and use-cases
- Best practices, guidelines and detailed mappings from various metadata formats
- Joint use of CRM and other popular ontologies.
- Principles for selecting constructs from different ontologies
- Metadata formats based on CRM and its extension
- RDF schemas and vocabularies
- Application development, software, data collections

Software systems and similar developments using CRM
- Repositories and data collection that aggregate large amounts of CRM RDF data
- Querying, searching and faceted browsing of CRM repositories
- Display, editing, annotation and cross-linking of CRM data
- Reasoning with CRM data
- Development of test collections, best practice examples, reuse and open data
- Usability, evaluation, best practice

Adopting CRM, learning curve and didactic considerations
- Shortcomings, recommendations for CRM evolution
- Collaboration on CRM evolution, merging RDF standardization approaches, recommendations for collaborative approaches
- Performance and volumetric information about CRM-based applications and systems
- Evaluations of CRM adoption, usability of CRM-based systems, usage of specific CRM constructs
- Format of the workshop

The workshop will be organized as a full day event including coffee breaks and lunch. We will accept up to 12 papers and demos. Additionally we invite for position papers for presenting research and project ideas and plans in a short afternoon session.

SUBMISSIONS:
We invite for contributions to the workshop of different categories: full papers (12 p), short papers (6 p), demoes accompanied by short papers (4 p), positions papers (4 p).
Submit your contribution through EasyChair:https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=crmex2014
Final version of papers should not exceed the indicated page limits and has to be formatted according to the LNCS format. Proceedings will be published at CEUR Workshop Proceedings (CEUR-WS.org).

For information about venue and registration:
The CRMEX 2014 workshop is organized as part of the DL 2014 Conference in London:http://www.dl2014.org

Workshop chairs
Trond Aalberg, NTNU, Norway,Trond.Aalberg at idi.ntnu.no
Vladimir Alexiev, OntoText Corp., Bulgaria,vladimir.alexiev at ontotext.com