[Crm-sig] Technique and product of technique

patrick.le-boeuf at bnf.fr patrick.le-boeuf at bnf.fr
Fri Jul 11 11:41:58 EEST 2014

The sentence reads: "A schema of the products that *result* from their
application", not "... that *resultS* from ...". It's the products that
result, not the schema. And "their" refers to "activities", not to the
technique employed. In bullet 1, the instance of E29 Design or Procedure
is a process ("do this, then do that, and then do this"), while in bullet
2, the instance of E29 Design or Procedure is a description or indication
of the expected result ("Hamlet's costume should look more or less like
this picture, once finished"). In other terms, bullet 1 points to a
procedure, bullet 2 points to a design. Bingo: the E29 class is labelled
Design or Procedure. QED.
Grammaticus

Message de : Athanasios Velios <a.velios at gmail.com>
                      10/07/2014 20:09

Envoyé par :
"Crm-sig" <crm-sig-bounces at ics.forth.gr>

Veuillez répondre à a.velios at gmail.com

Pour
Dominic Oldman <doint at oldman.me.uk>, "crm-sig at ics.forth.gr"
<crm-sig at ics.forth.gr>
Copie

Objet
Re: [Crm-sig] Technique and product of technique

Yes that example is clear.

But I am still confused about the phrase: "A schema of the products that
result from their application." in E29. The product of the application
of the technique is not a technique. Shouldn't this phrase be removed
from E29's note? What was the reason to include this phrase?

Thanks again,

Thanasis

http://collection.britishmuseum.org/resource?uri=http://collection.britishmuseum.org/id/object/CGR87820

> Techniques are usually applied from a production event usinmg
> P32_used_general_technique
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dominic

Partageons la culture : une campagne de communication de la BnF  Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.