[Crm-sig] ISSUE

Richard Light richard at light.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 11:32:57 EET 2014

Hi,

Where is this quote taken from?  I don't find it anywhere on the page of
the CRM web site entitled "Scope", with sections "Intended scope" and
"Practical scope". [1]  That page "defines" "Practical scope" by listing
all the data structures which have been mapped to the CRM.  Those data
structures include library, archive and generic metadata frameworks.

Richard

[1] http://cidoc-crm.org/scope.html

On 17/02/2014 20:13, martin wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Should we define the practical scope of the CRM wider than "museums" ?
> I believe yes:
>
> "....the Practical Scope,
> which is expressed by the overall scope of a reference set of specific
> identifiable museum documentation standards and practices that the CRM aims to
> encompass..."

>   Dr. Martin Doerr              |  Vox:+30(2810)391625        |
>   Research Director             |  Fax:+30(2810)391638        |
>                                 |  Email:martin at ics.forth.gr  |
>                 Center for Cultural Informatics               |
>                 Information Systems Laboratory                |
>                  Institute of Computer Science                |
>     Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH)   |
>                 N.Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton,             |
>                  GR70013 Heraklion,Crete,Greece               |
>               Web-site:http://www.ics.forth.gr/isl            |

*Richard Light*