[Crm-sig] CFP: Arts, Humanities, and Complex Network at NetSci2014

Maximilian Schich maximilian at schich.info
Mon Feb 17 21:49:42 EET 2014

*CFP:*
We are delighted to invite submissions for
*
Arts, Humanities, and Complex Networks
--- 5th Leonardo satellite symposium at NetSci2014*

taking place in Berkeley at the Clark Kerr Campus of the University of
California,
on Tuesday, June 3, 2014.

*Submission:*
For submission instructions please go to:
http://artshumanities.netsci2014.net/

Deadline for submission: *March 28, 2014.*
Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by April 7, 2014.

*Abstract:*
For the fifth time, it is our pleasure to bring together pioneer work in
the overlap of arts, humanities, network research, data science, and
information design. The 2014 symposium will follow our established
recipe, leveraging interaction between those areas by means of keynotes,
a number of contributions, and a high-profile panel discussion. In our
call, we are looking for a diversity of research contributions revolving
around networks in culture, networks in art, networks in the humanities,
art about networks, and research in network visualization. Focusing on
these five pillars that have crystallized out of our previous meetings,
the 2014 symposium again strives to make further impact in the arts,
humanities, and natural sciences. Running parallel to the NetSci2014
conference, the symposium provides a unique opportunity to mingle with
leading researchers in complex network science, potentially sparking
fruitful collaborations. As in previous years, selected papers will be
published in print, both in a Special Section of /Leonardo//Journal /and
in a dedicated /Leonardo eBook/ MIT-Press:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007S0UA9Q

*Confirmed Keynote:*
Lada Adamic, Associate Professor, University of Michigan & Data
Scientist, Facebook, USA

As in previous years, we will feature three high-profile keynote
speakers from the areas of cultural data science, network visualization,
and network art.

Best regards,
The AHCN2014 organizers,
Maximilian Schich*, Roger Malina**, Isabel Meirelles***, and Meredith
Tromble****
artshumanities.netsci at gmail.com

*    Associate Professor, ATEC, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
**   Executive Editor at Leonardo Publications, France/USA
***  Associate Professor, Dept. of Art + Design, Northeastern
University, USA
**** School of Interdisciplinary Studies, San Francisco Art Institute, USA