[Crm-sig] ISSUE: encoding

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Feb 6 19:29:36 EET 2014

Dear All,

I wonder if E90 Symbolic Object should have a property "encoding" or
"employed symbol set".
I think of various old and modern scripts and digital encodings. Think
of Japanese texts in Romaji, Kanji-Katakana,
or Katakana only, Turkish in Arabic or Latin scripts, ancient Egyptian
in Hieroglyphic or Hieratic, etc.
One could think of using just "has type",  but may be reference to
explicit symbol sets or multiple symbol sets
is not adequate for a E55 Type? Anyway, in FRBRoo
  the issue appeared as a question of identity of the symbolic object
itself:

Properties*:*R33 <#_R33_has_content>has content: E62 <#_E62_String>String

(R33.1 has encoding: E55 <#_E55_Type_>Type)