[Crm-sig] Manifestation: title and statement of responsibility

Dan Matei danmatei50 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 19:10:35 EET 2014

On 16 December 2014 at 12:59, <sfakakis at ionio.gr> wrote:

Hi Michalis

> While your case is a "classical" UNIMARC example of two works by two
> authors in the same manifestation (without a collective title), actually it
> is not one title with its accompanying statement of responsibility, as you
> suggested to represent, but two titles with their accompanying statements
> of responsibility.

No, I meant a complex "Title and statement of responsibility" (as the 200
field in UNIMARC, which allows for multiple "title" and multiple "statement
of responsibility" subfields). At least that was my intention :-)

> Also, both properties P110 has Title and P148 has component are many to
> many. So, in order to preserve the above semantics we could represent the
> two titles, as well as the statements of responsibility, as distinct
> instances. The issue now is to associate each statement of responsibility
> to its accompanying title, where probably we could use the property P67
> refers to (could we, is there a more dedicated property?).

I agree with you (grosso modo). Thus, my (preliminary) solution is:

To use:

*<F3 Manifestation Product Type> <CLR6 should carry> <F24 Publication
Expression> <P148 has component> <E33 Linguistic Object> <P2 has type> <E55
Type {“Title and statement of responsibility”}>*

where:

*<E33 Linguistic Object><rdf:value><rdf:XMLLiteral>*

and the XMLLiteral would be:

*<titleProper>Pour les valeurs bourgeoises</titleProper>
<statementOfResponsibility>par Georges Hourdin</statementOfResponsibility>
<titleProper>Contre les valeurs bourgeoises</titleProper>
<statementOfResponsibility>par Gilbert Ganne</statementOfResponsibility>*

PLUS two chains:

*<F3 Manifestation Product Type> <CLR6 should carry> <F24 Publication
Expression> <crm:R5_has_component**> < F24 Publication Expression
><crm:P102_has_title><crm:E35_Title> <P2 has type> <E55 Type {“Title
proper”}>*

and

*<F3 Manifestation Product Type> <CLR6 should carry> <F24 Publication
Expression> <crm:R5_has_component**> < F24 Publication Expression
><has_statement_of_responsilility><Annotation> <P2 has type> <E55 Type
{“Statement of responsibility”}>*

one for each expression within F24.

This way I hope to make the most out of the UNIMARC record.

Is that acceptable ?

Cheers,

Dan