[Crm-sig] Manifestation: title and statement of responsibility

Dan Matei danmatei50 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 00:52:10 EET 2014

Friends,

Struggling with my UNIMARC (and bibliographic references in museum records,
for that matter) mapping to FRBRoo, I have an issue with the proposed
mappings (page 106 in FRBRoo 2.0) of the title and statement of
responsibility of a manifestation. That is:

Manifestation: Title of the manifestation

<F3 Manifestation Product Type> <P102 has title> <E35 Title>

Manifestation: Statement of responsibility

<F3 Manifestation Product Type> <CLR6 should carry> <F24 Publication
Expression> <P148 has component> <E33 Linguistic Object> <P2 has type> <E55
Type {“Statement of responsibility”}>

In this scenario, how to map the "classical" UNIMARC example of two works
by two authors in the same manifestation (without a collective title) ? i.e.

200 l#$aPour les valeurs bourgeoises$fpar Georges Hourdin$cContre les
valeurs bourgeoises$fpar Gilbert Ganne

See:

www.worldcat.org/title/pour-les-valeurs-bourgeoises-par-georges-hourdin-contre-les-valeurs-bourgeoises-par-gilbert-ganne/oclc/460654543

http://catalogue.bnf.fr/servlet/biblio?ID=33045411

I would suggest for such edge cases to add a possibility:

Manifestation: Title and statement of responsibility

<F3 Manifestation Product Type> <CLR6 should carry> <F24 Publication
Expression> <P148 has component> <E33 Linguistic Object> <P2 has type> <E55
Type {“Title and statement of responsibility”}>

Dan

PS. Dear Patrick, how come that the manifestation used as example in the
UNIMARC manual is coded differently in the BnF catalogue ? See:

http://catalogue.bnf.fr/servlet/biblio?ID=33045411&SN1=0&SN2=0&idNoeud=1.1.1&FormatAffichage=4

Exception culturelle ? :-)