[Crm-sig] ISSUE: Shortcut semantics

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Sun Aug 31 15:49:34 EEST 2014

Dear All,

I work together with Carlo Meghini on a formalization of
CIDOC CRM in first order logic, in order to have an encoding
neutral, compact form for OWL implementations and other reasoning
services. We'll present this work for discussion in the next
CRM-SIG meeting.

One issue that occurred is the meaning of shortcuts.
In all cases, the extended path implies the shortcut,
but only in a few cases the shortcut implies a particular
path so that the existence of the intermediates can be
inferred. (such as "rights held by").

Who would volunteer to scan the latest version for that?

All the best,