[Crm-sig] Document for approval

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Aug 12 20:33:56 EEST 2014

Dear All,

Just a comment from my side: The CRM does not deal with the ways URIs
are formed and
used.

I would not like to mess up a document about how the CRM is used with a
discussion about
how URIs are created.

I would neither like to have an introduction to the CRM using blank URIs
just to avoid mentioning URIs,
or to use only UUIDs to avoid any prejudice on another scheme or practice.

There is a CIDOC recommendation for URIs for museum objects, for a thousand
other kinds of things we have no official recommendation.

If this helps, I recommend the Primer to contain a disclaimer that the
way URIs are formed or
selected in the examples of this document are not part of what this
document wants to render.
It is a task of other standards to solve this issue. In particular, the
CRM is not a guide to LoD,
but can be used as ontology for Linked Open Data formulation.