[Crm-sig] Rename E74 from Group to GroupOfAgents

MARTIN DOERR martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Apr 30 13:34:44 EEST 2014

Dear Simon,

Further to your proposal,

>> [There are other changes I would suggest making to E74 separate from
>> this proposal.
>>
>> - allowing groups to consist of only a single member
>>
>> - considering whether a group may become dormant (have zero members),
>> then gain new members, yet retain its identity as the same group -
>> that is, whether the group can be temporally discontinuous. This would
>> cover, for example, a student society that publishes journals, , is
>> inactive for a year or so, then reforms.

I would argue that this is all within the intended current definition of
Group. We have just recently updated the scope note, which required at
least two members. If the Group is "dormant", and then starts again
activities while regarding themselves as being the same, I see no
conflict. If the Group actually "reforms", then I would argue it is a new
one. "Reconvenes" is probably the better term?

Would you suggest a scope note change then?

Best,

martin