[Crm-sig] CRM documentation with Parrot

Vladimir Alexiev vladimir.alexiev at ontotext.com
Fri Apr 11 14:52:05 EEST 2014

We used Parrot to make HTML version of the ontology for Getty AAT, and it's worked great.
It including anchor for each class/property, e.g.:
http://vocab.getty.edu/ontology#aat2000_related_to
The reason this works is that in addition to a random id, Parrot also marks it with the semantic id, e.g. :
   <h3 id="anchor-1260930258"><a id="aat2000_related_to"></a>
The idea is that when one clicks on e.g. crm:E2_Temporal_Entity in some data, this will take him to the ontology document, at the specific spot.

The SIG is currently considering Parrot for HTML documentation of their version.

So I tried it on ECRM, and the results are quite nice:
http://ontorule-project.eu/parrot/parrot?documentUri=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Ferlangen-crm%2Fecrm%2Fraw%2Fmaster%2Fecrm_current.owl&mimetype=default&profile=technical&language=en&customizeCssUrl=

(Which bright mind decided to add a space before the number for the new classes and properties? Please remove that space!
E 91 Co Reference Assignment, ... P 153 assigned co reference to ...
Please also, add the dash in Co-Reference and co-reference)

Then I checked what's up at http://erlangen-crm.org/documentation
- Please remove the Ontology Browser links, these are long dead
- IMHO the OwlDoc http://erlangen-crm.org/docs/ecrm/current/index.html looks bland compared to Parrot

If you decide to switch to Parrot, the best is to host the HTML file locally
- You also need to host the icons locally (ask me for a folder "report" with subfolders for css, js, images).
- I do this in batch, and remove some cruft at the bottom, else you get breakage in the bottom toolbar:

curl -X POST -F datafile=@ontology.rdf -F mimetypeFile=application/rdf+xml -o ontology.html http://ontorule-project.eu/parrot/parrot
perl -n -e "print unless m{<!-- Feedback -->} .. m{<!-- standalone -->}" -i ontology.html