[Crm-sig] Research papers about "original questions"

hennicke at freenet.de hennicke at freenet.de
Tue Apr 1 22:31:15 EEST 2014

Dear all,

 I am a PhD student with Martin Doerr working on the analysis of  typical user questions towards archives and their formal representation  using     the CIDOC CRM.
 I was wondering if any of you have heard of the concept of "original     questions". By "original questions" I mean (research) questions  which could be directed to an information system but are formulated in  natural language and emerged *relative independently* from an  information system (so no queries from log files) or another person  (through interview, dialogue, or questionnaire). What original questions  do users have towards an information system and before they approach  the system?
 Such "original questions" promise to provide a much more unfiltered  information need. Queries from log file analysis are strongly   influenced by the conditions of the specific information system,  questions elicited from interview or dialogue are influenced by various  other factors. They do not represent the questions the user had  originally in mind.
 Close to an "original question" would be, in my opinion, a question sent  via email to an archive before the user actually visited the archive or  talked to an archivist.
 I believe the concept of "original question" exists, or has been  discussed, in the domain of (experimental) psychology or cognitive  sciences. So far, however, I was unable to find any leads. Do you have  any pointers to relevant texts?

 Thank you and best regards,
 Steffen Hennicke

---
Alle Postfächer an einem Ort. Jetzt wechseln und E-Mail-Adresse mitnehmen! Rundum glücklich mit freenetMail