[Crm-sig] Issue 230 Co-reference

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Tue Apr 1 18:35:22 EEST 2014

Hi Richard,

Actually what we wanted to develop was comparing text sources, not URIs.
The discussion, and your comment, shows that probably we have to regard
comparing identifiers in texts and in knowledge bases on an equal level.

I'd modify your example:
1. The word 'Passau' on the train ticket I found refers to a E53 Place X
known exactly by the ticket authority.
2. The first DHd conference took place in E53 Place Y , following a
knowledge base.
3. X co-refers to Y in my opinion.

If the train ticket is mine, I should have definite knowledge which
place it means. Then it would be a simple refers, in my local knowledge.

Generally, a CRM instance is an information object in its own right. We
can naively assume, that
the maintainer knows what its identifier mean (or knows who knows).
Then, we need no discourse
about potential matches, only about "errors".

Well, let's discuss that on Thursday (I hope we'll have enough time).