[Crm-sig] Issue 230 Co-reference

Dominic Oldman DOLDMAN at britishmuseum.org
Tue Apr 1 11:11:04 EEST 2014

I don't understand this properly despite reading this email quite a few times.

I have some text contained in a book or on an object that refers to or is about a city in Bavaria called Passau.

I have a local knowledge of this place that I have my own identifier for. I can therefore co reference the text to my identifier.

Someone else has an identifier for Passau but I don't know for sure whether it is taking about the same thing. It is outside my local knowledge.

Is the suggestion that P155 should only be used for co referencing local knowledge not external uri outside local knowledge.

Thanks and apologies if this is obvious.

Dominic

PS. Also, if I use Getty places in my local knowledge base I assume that I can say that this is local knowledge even though it is an external uri.

Dominic Oldman
Deputy Head of Information Systems, IS Development Manager,
ResearchSpace Principal Investigator,
British Museum
Sent from Blackberry: 07980865309