[Crm-sig] ISSUE 225, P56

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Sep 30 19:46:34 EEST 2013

Dear All,

Here my task:
We should add to scope note of P56 explanation how to describe
subfeatures. Martin Doerr will write the guidelines.

Here it is:

Old scope note:

This property describes an E26 Physical Feature found on an E19 Physical
Object It does not specify the location of the feature on the object.

P56 bears feature (is found on) is a shortcut. A more detailed
representation can make use of the fully developed (i.e. indirect) path
from E19 Physical Object through P59 has section (is located on or
within), E53 Place, P53 has former or current location (is former or
current location of) to E26 Physical Feature.

An E26 Physical Feature can only exist on one object. One object may
bear more than one E26 Physical Feature. An E27 Site should be
considered as an E26 Physical Feature on the surface of the Earth.

My new scope note:

This property links an instance of E19 Physical Object to an instance of
E26 Physical Feature that resides as integral part on the former.

An E26 Physical Feature can only exist on one object. One object may
bear more than one E26 Physical Feature. An E27 Site should be
considered as an E26 Physical Feature on the surface of the Earth.

An instance B of E26 Physical Feature detailing the structure of another
instance A of E26 Physical Feature can be linked to B by use of the
property P46 is composed of (forms part of). This implies that the
subfeature B is P56i found on the same E19 Physical Object as A.