[Crm-sig] Persona ?

Øyvind Eide oyvind.eide at iln.uio.no
Wed Oct 9 09:17:07 EEST 2013

Dear Dan,

Just to make sure that I fully understand the problem posed in the examples you give, I will ask rather naively:

On 25. sep. 2013, at 14:28, Dan Matei wrote:
> So when I want to say:
>
> <URI(Kennedy as president of US)> <P11i_participated_in> <URI(speech at the June 26 1963 Berlin meeting)> <P94_has_created> <URI("Ich Bin
> Ein Berliner" speech)>
>
> I'm not comfortable with:
>
> <URI(Kennedy as president of US)> <isA> < E74_Group>
>

> On the other hand, I'm fine with:
>
> <URI(Mozart & Da Ponte)> <P11i_participated_in> <URI(the 1790 creation of "Così fan tutte")> <P94_has_created> <URI("Così fan tutte")>
>
> and
>
> <URI(Mozart & Da Ponte)> <isA> < E74_Group>
>
> or
>
> <URI(Ellery Queen)> <P11i_participated_in> <URI(the 1931 writing of "The Duch...")> <P94_has_created> <URI("The Dutch Shoe Mystery")>
>
> and
>
> <URI(Ellery Queen)> <isA> < E74_Group>
>>> I am not sure I fully understand how you would model such a Persona -
>>> Bill Clinton is still Bill Clinton (in a realist sense) even when he
>>> acts in the role of president?
>>> Could you give an example of a problem you would need the new
>>> subclass to solve?
>
> My above "Ich bin I Berliner" example ...
>
> An official document signed by Clinton with his presidential hat on...

Is this the difference between

1. Groups who actually work together - not in the sense of detailling how often they meet etc., but they create something specific (such as a work) together so they work *at the same time*, and

2. Groups who are abstraction over persons filling an office *one after the other in time*, so they cannot work together in the same sense as 1?

If so, we are talking about two somewhat different phenomena modelled in the same way. Do I understand correctly that this is the rationale for your suggested persona element, to be used in case 2?

Kind regards,

Øyvind