[Crm-sig] how to model subfeatures: ISSUE

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Feb 13 19:01:15 EET 2013

Dear Wolfgang, thank you for that!

The interesting thing is, that features are bound to a specific object,
be it our planet. I think the issue deserves a guideline or an extension
of the scope note. I do not see a conflict to continue from P56 with
P46. The inference would be, that from feature "hair bundle Z" P46i
forms part of feature "head X" P56i is found on object "statue X"
follows "hair bundle Z" P56i is found on "statue X" with the same
quantification. P46 on its own would not introduce a quantification
constraint.

If we generalize P56 to E18 Physical Thing as domain, we loose the
uniqueness of the carrying object.