[Crm-sig] issue 223

Athina Kritsotaki athinak at ics.forth.gr
Wed Apr 10 10:13:51 EEST 2013

The proposal regarding issue 223 resolves an inconsistency, resulting by
the definitions of the related concepts- since there was a decision then
to measure everything, in order to be consistent with that, then
everything should have (be able to have)a dimension (in the sense of E54,
as it is defined in CRM (…comprises quantifiable properties that can
be measured …and ..approximated by values.. in a mathematical or
conceptual space,.. represents the true quantity, independent from its
numerical approximation…).
On the other hand, with respect to the question as to whether issue 156
correctly changed the range of P39 to E1, I believe, it is a different
issue and has to be re-examined (in my opinion) (e.g you can measure an
earthquake, but can you measure an idea? Or ,on second thought, do we
actually refer to observations of events, processes and things, that some
of them participate in measurements too?

Athina Kritsotaki