[Crm-sig] LIDO / CRM / FRBRoo eventTypes

Michael Hopwood michael at editeur.org
Thu Sep 20 15:27:19 EEST 2012

Thanks Regine,

I would be interested in doing a comparison of which LIDO eventType values are

a)      Directly available from CIDOC-CRM;

b)      Available via FRBRoo (e.g. performance, publication);

c)       Not yet available in a CIDOC draft or standard CRM.

I think it would be good to do this as the commercial data standards use terms from b) and possible one or two from c) but I think not many.

It should be possible to cover all the main types used.

Another question is: in LIDO, what is the default relationship between the main object or work described by the LIDO record, and the <event>?

In commercial data you often want to describe publications that are "about" the main object or work of interest (e.g. review "about" a book). Would this be simply the same relation as assumed in LIDO, a kind of general "involvement"? Or should it be specified precisely using a roleInEvent term? If so could we develop a standards-based list for these roles too?

Thanks again,

Michael