[Crm-sig] ISSUE: P37, P38, P48 should be moved up to Appellation

Vladimir Alexiev vladimir.alexiev at ontotext.com
Wed Nov 21 11:48:50 EET 2012

P37, P38, P48 apply to Identifier but I think they should be moved upwards to apply to Appellation.
Consequently, two renamings will be needed: E15_Appellation_Assignment, P48_has_preferred_appellation

Reasons:

- P48: see email "Preferred Identifier vs Appellation vs Image"

- P37, P38:
people, groups, places, works of art and conceptual objects are known by different names in different times.
Tracking the temporal validity of identifiers may be important, but it seems to me doing it for these other entities may be more important yet.
The BM at least is tracking the temporal validity of person names.

I'll describe a complementary or alternative solution re P37, P38 in further email "ADDITION: property "active in period"