[Crm-sig] ISSUE: Thing occupies place

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Nov 12 17:31:19 EET 2012

P53 only describes a larger space (area in the cosmical space) within
which the thing was found at some time of its history.
The "place a thing occupies" would be where its parts extend to. This
would imply, that this "place" is fixed, either
because the thing doesn't move, or because the place is defined to be
"located on or within" the object.
Then a question is, if a box occupies also its interior, or a wine glass
its content, or a cave its walls or also its interior...

This notion could answer the fundamental question if something is in or
out of another thing, but also adjacency.

The space