[Crm-sig] non-existent objects

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Nov 7 19:02:52 EET 2012

Dear All,

Supporting Thanassi, we have

a)

  E22 (the statue, including the setup)
       P2 has type E55 Type["Statue with setup"]
       P46 is composed of E22 (the setup) P2 has type E55 Type ["Basisplatte"]
       P46 is composed of E22 (statue proper) P2 has type E55 Type e.g. ["Statue proper"]

b)
E22 (the setup) P2 has type E55 Type ["Basisplatte"]  "don't know if ever had a statue"

c)
E22 (statue without) P2 has type E55 Type ["Statue without Basiplatte"]  "didn't use a setup"

d)
E22 (the statue, including the setup)
       P2 has type E55 Type["Statue with setup"]
       P46 is composed of E22 (the setup) P2 has type E55 Type ["Basisplatte"]
       p44 has condition E3 Condition State P2 has type ["Statue missing"]
				has timeSpan [?:NOW]

The "pre CRM" Max points to is not a CRM issue, but an RDF & Open World issue.
You can do it in RDF: You define all CRM properties again as "not", and interpret it
as three valued logic:

e)
  E22 (the statue, including the setup)
       P2 has type E55 Type["Statue with setup"]
       P46 is composed of E22 (the setup) P2 has type E55 Type ["Basisplatte"]
       P46N is not composed of E22 (statue proper) P2 has type E55 Type e.g. ["Statue proper"]

But then, you have to decide if you mean "never had" or when?