[Crm-sig] non-existent objects

Athanasios Velios a.velios at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:47:37 EET 2012

Again a modest and relatively uninformed contribution on my behalf:

We have lots of similar issues in the description of bookbinding
structures, where features are missing and the problem is more
complicated than that.

What you describe could be considered as the condition of the statue:
e.g. missing. You are certain that the statue did exist. As we often do
in conservation, you assessed the statue's condition and concluded that
the whole statue is missing. So the uri should be valid because the
statue existed (and may well still exist).

The difficulty starts when people want to describe a base for which a
statue never existed, say a half-finished base or a test base. The fact
that a statue never existed is now unrelated to condition yet equally
significant. I think the solution to this problem is to create a new
subclass of "base", something like "bases without statues" in your list.

I hope the above is relevant.

All the best,

Thanasis