[Crm-sig] RE LIDO semantics - "Inscriptions" on/in mass-produced media

PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr
Fri Mar 30 16:45:52 EEST 2012

Hi,
I think in FRBRoo this would be modelled as:
F3 Manifestation Product Type CLR6 should carry F24 Publication Expression
R15 has fragment F23 Expression Fragment P3 has note (P3.1 has type E55
Type {quotation}) E62 String {[text]}
If you need to store further information about the quoted text (e.g., the
language in which it is) you can use double instantiation: {instance of}
F2 Expression = {instance of} E33 Linguistic Object
This is how I see things in the context of FRBRoo; but of course, when it
comes to LIDO, I can't say anything as I don't use it.
Regards,
Patrick Le Boeuf

Message de : Michael Hopwood <michael at editeur.org>
                      30/03/2012 14:23

Envoyé par :
crm-sig-bounces at ics.forth.gr

Pour
"crm-sig at ics.forth.gr" <crm-sig at ics.forth.gr>
Copie
"erin.coburn at metmuseum.org" <erin.coburn at metmuseum.org>
Objet
[Crm-sig] LIDO semantics - "Inscriptions" on/in mass-produced media

Hello all,

A quick question on the LIDO semantics for a Friday.

I want to include descriptions or possibly even transcriptions of part of
the text of published books,  lyrics of recorded music, audio dialogue of
film&TV assets, possibly words appearing in photo images?

Can this be included within LIDO:Inscriptions? Spec says:

?A transcription or description of any distinguishing or identifying
physical lettering, annotations, texts, markings, or labels that are
affixed, applied, stamped, written, inscribed, or attached to the
object / work, excluding any mark or text inherent in the materials
of which it is made.?

The object/work in this case is actually a FRBRoo Manifestation Product
Type, so in what sense does it have ?Inscriptions??

Thanks,

Michael Hopwood
Linked Heritage Project Lead
EDItEUR
United House, North  Road
London N7 9DP
UK

Tel: +44 20 7503 6418
Mob: +44 7811 591036
Skype: michael.hopwood.editeur
http://www.linkedheritage.org/
http://editeur.org/

privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete this e-mail
immediately. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied
without the sender's consent. We cannot accept any responsibility for
viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions
expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily
reflect those of the company.

EDItEUR Limited is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England
no 2994705. Registered Office: 6TH FLOOR, 25 FARRINGDON STREET, LONDON,
EC4A 4AB, UNITED KINGDOM

Exposition  Joel-Peter Witkin. Enfer ou Ciel  - du 27 mars au 1 er  juillet 2012 - BnF - Richelieu Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.