[Crm-sig] ISSUE: P55 should have domain E18 Physical Thing

Vladimir Alexiev vladimir.alexiev at ontotext.com
Mon Mar 5 16:53:12 EET 2012

> > - Currently you can say "E18 Physical Thing. P53 has former or current
> > location" but not "E18 Physical Thing. P55 has current location".
> > P55 excludes: Physical Feature, Site, Man-Made Feature,
> > an-Made Thing, Collection. What is the justification?
> The idea is that features cannot change location, therefore there is no
> current location.

To me this is a bit counter-intuitive: a permanent location is not current? I'd say it's current for eternity :-)
If that's the reasoning, it should be documented in the scope note of P55.

Speaking of the scope note of P55, I think "at the time the property was recorded" should be changed to "at present".
- Since we don't know the time the property was recorded, this makes P55 kind of useless...
- Whereas "at present" makes P55 quite useful and important.