[Crm-sig] Bibliographic data in CRM / LIDO

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Thu Jun 21 19:17:30 EEST 2012

On 21/6/2012 7:08 ??, Michael Hopwood wrote:
> The LIDO schema itself does not prohibit creating LIDO records for conceptual objects.
Dear Michael,

It is also my understanding that LIDO is not intended for such material.
Seeing your question originally,
I assumed you talk about adding bibliographic references to museum
objects. By sure, abusing an XML schema
for another domain, albeit not explicitly excluded, does not help
interoperability. Interoperability should
come at an aggregation/integration level by mapping everything  to RDF
under CRM-FRBRoo-.....

But I send this message to Regine, who's the authority for LIDO.