[Crm-sig] ISSUE: P62 needs a parent and a sibling

Vladimir Alexiev vladimir.alexiev at ontotext.com
Mon Jul 9 15:08:31 EEST 2012

Matthew> I agree with Steve. I've struggled to think of any examples that don't constitute
> the physical object acting as a carrier for a conceptual object.

Matthew and Steve, I think you've missed the point:
I did not say I have a case with *only* a shortcut "aboutness" property from Physical, where a longcut path through Conceptual could not exist.
I said that often it's useful to use a shortcut, without having to create a longcut.

Can you give any example of a physical object having P62_depicts
that would preclude the existence of a conceptual object (E36 Visual Item) having P138_represents towards the same target?
If you cannot, what is your justification for having P62_depicts, but not having the properties denoted "???" in my original email?