[Crm-sig] [Frbr-crm] Major conference on libraries and the Semantic Web, 26-27 April 2012, and next FRBR/CRM meeting

PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr
Wed Jan 18 12:08:14 EET 2012

Dear all,
If events cannot be interrupted (which is not explicitly stated in the
scope note for E5 Event), then are we right in saying in FRBRoo that
performances "can be contiguous or not" (in the scope note for F31
Performance)? Surely activities can be interrupted - at least I hope so
for Goethe, whose writing of Faust is listed among the examples for E7
Activity. He may not have stopped specifically on May 1st, but he
certainly made breaks before he completed Faust.
By the way, while I'm looking again at the scope note for E5 Event, which
defines events as "changes of states", I'm wondering whether the scope
note for F29 Recording Event and the range of R20 recorded (was recorded
through) are correct. The scope note says: "This class comprises
activities that intend to convey (and preserve) the content of events in a
recording [...]." Actually, a photograph may record a perdurant that is
not necessarily a change of state (e.g., it can aim at recording an
instance of E3 Condition State). As a consequence, I wonder whether the
range of R20 should not be E2 Temporal Entity rather than E5 Event.
Apart from that, Martin's proposal for an excursion into Cretan nature P2
has type E55 Type P149 is identified by E75 Conceptual Object Appellation
{instance = 'most welcome'}.
Best wishes,
Patrick

Message de : martin <martin at ics.forth.gr>
                      17/01/2012 23:01

Envoyé par :
crm-sig-bounces at ics.forth.gr

Pour
crm-sig at ics.forth.gr
Copie

Objet
Re: [Crm-sig] [Frbr-crm] Major conference on libraries and the Semantic

On 1/17/2012 1:44 PM, PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr wrote:

> Dear all,
> April 30 to May 3 in Heraklion is fine with me as well, except that it
includes May 1st (Labour Day), which might be problematic for some of
> us. At any rate, if that instance of Time-Span is chosen, the instance
of Place identified by Place Name 'Heraklion' is better than the
> instance of Place identified by Place Name 'Paris', as it would be
virtually impossible to find a meeting room in Paris during the instance
> of Time-Span identified by Date 'May 1st'.
> All best wishes,
> Patrick
Dear All,

I would not mind to extend the meeting to May 4, leaving a gap on May 1,
which either would make our meeting
two instances of E5 Event, since events cannot be interrupted, or we would
regard it to be continuing in an adequate
social form of Type "inactivity" during May 1, or we actually use the
chance to engage in an adequate frbr-crm excursion into Cretan nature,
as would be local custom?

Cheers,

Exposition  Casanova, la passion de la Liberté  - du 15 novembre 2011 au 19 février 2012 - BnF - François-Mitterrand / Grande Galerie Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.