[Crm-sig] [Frbr-crm] Major conference on libraries and the Semantic Web, 26-27 April 2012, and next FRBR/CRM meeting

PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr
Tue Jan 17 13:44:57 EET 2012

Dear all,
April 30 to May 3 in Heraklion is fine with me as well, except that it
includes May 1st (Labour Day), which might be problematic for some of us.
At any rate, if that instance of Time-Span is chosen, the instance of
Place identified by Place Name 'Heraklion' is better than the instance of
Place identified by Place Name 'Paris', as it would be virtually
impossible to find a meeting room in Paris during the instance of
Time-Span identified by Date 'May 1st'.
All best wishes,
Patrick

Message de : martin <martin at ics.forth.gr>
                      12/01/2012 20:28

Envoyé par :
frbr-crm-bounces at ics.forth.gr

Pour
frbr-crm at ics.forth.gr, crm-sig <crm-sig at ics.forth.gr>
Copie

Objet
Re: [Frbr-crm] Major conference on libraries and the Semantic Web, 26-27
April 2012, and next FRBR/CRM meeting

Dear colleagues,

April 30 to May 3 in Heraklion would fit me very well!

On 1/12/2012 6:34 PM, gordon at gordondunsire.com wrote:
> Colleagues
>

> As we discussed at the meeting in Amsterdam in November, I said I would
send you the dates of the libraries and Semantic Web event I
> mentioned, to help schedule the next meeting of the frbr-crm group - I
think we were offered Paris or Heraklion. Both are easy to get to
> from London. It would be good if we can schedule the next meeting to
follow this event in London, as it will be far more convenient, and
> cheaper, for anyone with long distances to travel to London.
>

> Details:
>

>     *April 2012 marks the fifth anniversary of the Data Model Meeting
[1] at the British Library, London attended by participants interested
>     in the fit between RDA: resource description and access and the
models used in other metadata communities, especially those working in
>     the Semantic Web environment. This meeting, informally known as the
?London Meeting?, has proved to be a critical point in the
>     trajectory of libraries from the traditional data view to linked
data and the Semantic Web. *

> DCMI (Dublin Core Metadata Initiative) and others will host a one-day
seminar on Friday 27 April 2012 to describe progress since 2007, mark
> the anniversary, and look to further collaboration in the future.
>
> Speakers will include participants at the 2007 meeting and other
significant players in library data and the Semantic Web. Papers from the
> seminar will be published by DCMI and available freely online.
>
> The seminar will be preceded by inaugural meetings of the new DCMI
Vocabulary Management Community [2] and DCMI Bibliographic Metadata Task
> Group [3] on Thursday 28 April 2012 which will be open to all.
>
> The venue for both days is the British Library, St Pancras, London.
>
> The London Meeting stimulated significant development of Semantic Web
representations of the major international bibliographic metadata
> models, including IFLA?s Functional Requirements family and the
International Standard Bibliographic Description (ISBD), and MARC as well
as
> RDA itself. Attention is now beginning to focus on the management and
sustainability of this activity, and the development of high-level
> semantic and data structures to support library applications.
>
> This is a preliminary announcement; further information will be
circulated in due course and published via [2] and [3].

> Diane Hillmann (Moderator, DCMI Vocabulary Management Community;
Co-Chair, DCMI Bibliographic Metadata Task Group)
> Gordon Dunsire (Co-Chair, DCMI Bibliographic Metadata Task Group)
>
> [1] http://www.bl.uk/bibliographic/meeting.html
> [2] http://dublincore.org/groups/vocabulary-management/
> [3]
http://wiki.dublincore.org/index.php/Bibliographic_Metadata_Task_Group

Exposition  Casanova, la passion de la Liberté  - du 15 novembre 2011 au 19 février 2012 - BnF - François-Mitterrand / Grande Galerie Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.