[Crm-sig] RE [Frbr-crm] R47 and P142 used constituent(was used in)

Chryssoula Bekiari bekiari at ics.forth.gr
Thu Jan 12 13:49:22 EET 2012

Dear All

I agree with Patrick, but since the CRM 5.0.4 has been published, maybe
it is better to discuss this in the next meeting and make the
appropriate updates to both documents in the next versions.

Any opinions?

best

Chryssoula

On 02/01/2012 11:21, PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr wrote:

> Dear Chryssoula, and dear all,
> I think that in CIDOC CRM too the range of P142 should be moved from
> E41 Appellation to E90 Symbolic Object. As a consequence, R47 would
> not be a subproperty of P142, but R47 and P142 would be perfectly
> equivalent, since F40 Identifier Assignment is declared as equal to
> E15 Identifier Assignment. Two properties that have the same range and
> the domains of which are declared as equal are just one and the same
> property. The question is: do we still need to have two distinct
> properties, one in CIDOC CRM and one in FRBRoo? Surely we could just
> keep P142.
> All best wishes,
> Patrick
>

> Message de : *Chryssoula Bekiari <bekiari at ics.forth.gr>*
> 23/12/2011 12:18
> Envoyι par :
> *frbr-crm-bounces at ics.forth.gr*
>
> Pour
> 	crm-sig <crm-sig at ics.forth.gr>, FRBR Group <frbr-crm at ics.forth.gr>
> Copie
>
> Objet
> 	[Frbr-crm] R47 and P142 used constituent(was used in)
>

> Dear All
>
> Should the property "F40 Identifier Assignment.R47 used constituent(was
> used in): E90 Symbolic Object"  be subproperty of "E15 Identifier
> Assignment.P142 used constituent (was used in):E41 Appellation" and the
> should both of them have the same range E90 Symbolic Object?
>
> best wishes
>
> Chryssoula

> Chryssoula Bekiari
> Research and Development Engineer
>

> Center for Cultural Informatics / Information Systems Laboratory
> Institute of Computer Science
> Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH)
>
> N. Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton, GR-700 13 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
> Phone: +30 2810 391631, Fax: +30 2810 391638
> E-mail: bekiari at ics.forth.gr
> Web-site:
> http://www.ics.forth.gr/isl/people/people_individual.jsp?Person_ID=13

> Exposition */Casanova, la passion de la Libertι
> <http://www.bnf.fr/fr/evenements_et_culture/anx_expositions/f.casanova.html>/*
> - du 15 novembre 2011 au 19 fιvrier 2012 - BnF - Franηois-Mitterrand /
> Grande Galerie
>
> *Avant d'imprimer, pensez ΰ l'environnement.*

Chryssoula Bekiari
Research and Development Engineer

Center for Cultural Informatics / Information Systems Laboratory

N. Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton, GR-700 13 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Phone: +30 2810 391631, Fax: +30 2810 391638, Skype: xrysmp
E-mail: bekiari at ics.forth.gr
Web-site: http://www.ics.forth.gr/isl/people/people_individual.jsp?Person_ID=13