[Crm-sig] Modelling commercial "products" within CRM?

João Oliveira Lima joaoli13 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:24:58 EET 2012

Dear Anna,

   According to CIDOC CRM (v. 5.0.4, p. xvi), "E18 Physical Thing is
disjoint from E28 Conceptual Object". So, IMHO, you couldn't subsume
Linguistic_Object to Manifestation_Singleton.

   However, the CIDOC CRM allows multiple instantiation, ie, one specific
manuscript could be, at the same time, instance of Manifestation_Singleton
and Linguistic_Object classes. See at FRBRoo (v. 1.0.1, p. 14, Fig. 1) that
the "F28 Expression Creation" event produces (simultaneously) an Expression
and a Manifestation Singleton instance. The same event could also create
the "Linguistic Object" instance.

Regards,

Joao Lima
Federal Senate of Brazil