[Crm-sig] RE [Frbr-crm] R47 and P142 used constituent(was used in)

PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr PATRICK.LE-BOEUF at bnf.fr
Mon Jan 2 11:21:28 EET 2012

Dear Chryssoula, and dear all,
I think that in CIDOC CRM too the range of P142 should be moved from E41
Appellation to E90 Symbolic Object. As a consequence, R47 would not be a
subproperty of P142, but R47 and P142 would be perfectly equivalent, since
F40 Identifier Assignment is declared as equal to E15 Identifier
Assignment. Two properties that have the same range and the domains of
which are declared as equal are just one and the same property. The
question is: do we still need to have two distinct properties, one in
CIDOC CRM and one in FRBRoo? Surely we could just keep P142.
All best wishes,
Patrick

Message de : Chryssoula Bekiari <bekiari at ics.forth.gr>
                      23/12/2011 12:18

Envoyé par :
frbr-crm-bounces at ics.forth.gr

Pour
crm-sig <crm-sig at ics.forth.gr>, FRBR Group <frbr-crm at ics.forth.gr>
Copie

Objet
[Frbr-crm] R47 and P142 used constituent(was used in)

Dear All

Should the property "F40 Identifier Assignment.R47 used constituent(was
used in): E90 Symbolic Object"  be subproperty of "E15 Identifier
Assignment.P142 used constituent (was used in):E41 Appellation" and the
should both of them have the same range E90 Symbolic Object?

best wishes

Chryssoula

Chryssoula Bekiari
Research and Development Engineer

Center for Cultural Informatics / Information Systems Laboratory

N. Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton, GR-700 13 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Phone: +30 2810 391631, Fax: +30 2810 391638
E-mail: bekiari at ics.forth.gr
Web-site:
http://www.ics.forth.gr/isl/people/people_individual.jsp?Person_ID=13

Exposition  Casanova, la passion de la Liberté  - du 15 novembre 2011 au 19 février 2012 - BnF - François-Mitterrand / Grande Galerie Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.