[Crm-sig] appropriate entity for "Typus"

Wolfgang Schmidle wolfgang.schmidle at uni-koeln.de
Mon Dec 3 16:55:14 EET 2012

Thanks! I am perfectly happy with a set theoretic explanation.

The reason I had explicitly ruled out E55 was that according to its
Scope note it comprises "terms from thesauri and controlled
vocabularies". It seems to me that neither thesaurus nor controlled
vocabulary applies in our case. There is a data field "Klassifizierung"
with e.g. "Ideal Gottheit weiblich", but the Typus itself is described
as e.g. "Aphrodite Kallipygos" or "Aphrodite Kyrene", which seems like
an open list rather than a potentially exhaustive list. Or does our
Typus list itself constitute a thesaurus or controlled vocabulary
because at any given time it is a controlled list, even though a new
Typus can be added at any time?

Wolfgang