[Crm-sig] appropriate entity for "Typus"

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Mon Dec 3 15:55:14 EET 2012

Dear Wolfgang,

It is indeed E55 Type, in the German translation of the CRM "E55 Typus"
.  The crucial distinction for the CRM
are not the scholarly associations you refer to here, but the fact that
a "Typus" denotes a set ("Menge")
of things with the same characteristics, and not a particular object. An
"prototype" is a particular
object, which is a good representative of a particular "Typus", and
hence, not a Typus itself.
  The CRM does not go into analysis of Platonic concepts, that would not
be useful for such a simple information integration schema ;-) .
The CRM does not analyse further E55 Type, for instance into visual form
type, functional types, types
by construction principle etc., because this is not necessary to
integrate information about the same instance of
E55 Type.

Does that help?

Martin