[Crm-sig] FRBRoo model v1.0.2 in RDFS

Anna Jordanous anna.jordanous at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 13:39:59 EEST 2012

Hi all,
I have been using FRBRoo as a base model for a vocabulary about ancient
manuscripts, in a project called Sharing Ancient Wisdoms (SAWS) [1].
For this I am in the process of mapping our SAWS ontology to FRBRoo,
using the RDFS encoding of v1.0.1 of the FRBRoo model [2]. To some
extent this is working well. However:

- I see that a v1.0.2 of FRBRoo was published at [2] as a doc and a pdf
in January 2010, but I can find no RDFS encoding of the newer version.
Are there plans to release an RDFS encoding of v1.0.2 (or has this
already been done and I am just looking in the wrong places?) If needed,
I would be happy to volunteer my help in this, although I am very much a
novice in the FRBRoo world.

- The current RDFS model of FRBRoo v1.0.1 is harmonised with CIDOC CRM
v5.0.2. It is available in two forms: using IDs based on initial codes
only (e.g. F2, R2F) [3], and using initial codes followed by english
names, e.g. F2.Expression [4]. I would prefer to use the [4] version
with English names (my memory of codes is poor).
However although the [3] version refers to the current version of CIDOC
(e.g. http://www.cidoc-crm.org/rdfs/cidoc-crm#E89), which I prefer, the
[4] version is hard-coded to refer to CIDOC v5.0.2 only (e.g.
http://www.cidoc-crm.org/rdfs/cidoc_crm_v5.0.2_english_label.rdfs#E89.Propositional_Object)
even though
http://www.cidoc-crm.org/rdfs/cidoc-crm-english-label#E89.Propositional_Object
is available.
         - is there a reason for this difference?
         - if a FRBR v1.0.2 RDFS schema is planned, how will it refer to
CIDOC_CRM?

Thanks in advance for any comments you may have here, your help is
appreciated.
anna

PS I would like to post on these lists when the SAWS ontology is fully
mapped to FRBRoo and published, to consult list members' opinions and
expertise on this mapping work?

[1] http://www.ancientwisdoms.ac.uk/about/semantic-web/
[2] http://www.cidoc-crm.org/frbr_drafts.html
[3] http://www.cidoc-crm.org/rdfs/FRBR1.0.1.rdfs