[Crm-sig] [cidoc-crm] Are there extant mappings of IPTC Core & Extension, PLUS fields and XMP to CIDOC-CRM?

Tony Gill tg at tonygill.com
Tue Nov 29 19:31:39 EET 2011

Hi Michael,

I'm not aware of any formal mappings of the CIDOC CRM to the IPTC Core
fields, but Adobe has tacitly mapped many of the IPTC Core fields to
Dublin Core in their XMP implementation (e.g. IPTC.Object_Name >
DC.Title, IPTC.Caption > DC.Description, IPTC.Byline > DC.Creator etc.),
and there is a mapping of the Dublin Core to the CIDOC CRM on the
Mappings page of the website:

http://www.cidoc-crm.org/crm_mappings.html

Cheers,

Tony Gill