[Crm-sig] [cidoc-crm] Are there extant mappings of IPTC Core & Extension, PLUS fields and XMP to CIDOC-CRM?

Michael Hopwood michael at editeur.org
Tue Nov 29 11:23:52 EET 2011

Hello all,

It's my first post to CRM-SIG so please go easy on me...

I am looking at the feasibility (semantically and technically) of mapping IPTC Core & Extension, PLUS fields and XMP (produced by commercial companies) to the LIDO format (www.lido-schema.org/<http://www.lido-schema.org/>).

As a first step I wondered if anyone had done the exercise of mapping to CIDOC-CRM to demonstrate a basic level of compatibility?

I am thinking the use cases in various types of commercial organisation are quite different, even before considering the needs of cultural heritage, but I hypothesise there may be some way to specify how a generic heritage viewpoint might be served by these fields and create "good enough" mappings.

Any leads will be gratefully accepted and acknowledged. Best wishes,

Michael Hopwood
Linked Heritage Project Lead
EDItEUR
United House, North  Road
London N7 9DP
UK

Tel: +44 20 7503 6418
Mob: +44 7811 591036
Skype: michael.hopwood.editeur
http://www.linkedheritage.org/
http://editeur.org/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete this e-mail immediately. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the company.

EDItEUR Limited is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England no 2994705. Registered Office: 2 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1B 3ST.