[Crm-sig] issue scope note of E32, sorry

João Oliveira Lima joaoli13 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:12:35 EET 2011

Dear Christian-Emil,

    My first suggestion is to replace:

" thesauri, authority lists, documents and instances of knowledge
organizing systems that define terminology or conceptual systems for
consistent use."

    by

" thesauri, authority lists, instances of knowledge organizing systems and
documents that define terminology or conceptual systems for consistent use."

    Justification:

    It seem that the expression "that define terminology or conceptual
systems for consistent use" was a restriction specific to the  "document"
scope because the others elements ( encyclopaedia, thesauri,
authority lists and also KOS  ), by definition, are linked with the
terminology or conceptual system idea.

    The second suggestion is to replace the term “encyclopaedia” by
“encyclopedia”.

    Justification:

     According Google Books Ngram Viewer (link below), since the 1900s, the
use of the term “encyclopedia” is more common than “encyclopaedia”.

http://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=encyclopaedia%2Cencyclopedia&year_start=1800&year_end=2000&corpus=0&smoothing=3

or

http://bit.ly/sNa2RR

Regards,

Joao Alberto de Oliveira Lima

Brazilian Federal Senate - System Analyst