[Crm-sig] Call for Comments

Regine Stein r.stein at fotomarburg.de
Mon May 30 01:13:23 EEST 2011

Dear Martin, dear all,

Apologies for the very late comment (however just in time for the
deadline May 30th ;-))

I have one simple recommendation: Please replace "Linked Open Data" by
"Linked Data" throughout the whole documents (and URL).

First because Linked Data is the original term as it was invented by TBL
if I'm not mistaken.

Second because there is a serious debate ongoing on what "Open" means in
Linked Open Data.
E.g. according to the current view in Europeana office it means that all
data to be published as LOD has to be public domain whereas many
representatives of Europeana museum projects do question this requirement.

Though this might appear to be a Europeana specific discussion I think
there is no point for CIDOC to potentially cause confusion about the issue.

Best wishes
Regine

Am 21.03.2011 17:02, schrieb martin:
> Dear All,
>
> Your comments on http://www.cidoc-crm.org/URIs_and_Linked_Open_Data.html
> will be most welcome!

Regine Stein, Dipl.-Math.
Head of Information Technology
--
German Documentation Center for Art History
Bildarchiv Foto Marburg

Philipps-Universität
Biegenstraße 11
D-35037 Marburg