[Crm-sig] homework, Time implementation guideline

CARLISLE, Philip Philip.Carlisle at english-heritage.org.uk
Mon Jul 11 17:15:45 EEST 2011

Hi Martin,
I think this is fine but if we are defining the labels of the property I would prefer.

P81a	'end of the beginning'
P81b	'start of the end'

P82a	'start of the beginning'
P82b	'end of the end'

Also how does this affect a period which could have differing start and end dates depending on its spatial location? - The Bronze Age in Greece and the UK both have a bronze age but the start and end of the Greek Bronze Age are early than that of the UK Bronze Age.
Or is this not an issue for these properties?

Phil

Phil Carlisle

Data Standards Supervisor

Data Standards Unit, Designations Department

English Heritage

The Engine House

Fire Fly Avenue

Swindon

SN2 2EH

Tel: +44 (0)1793 414824

http://thesaurus.english-heritage.org.uk/

The information contained within this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received the e-mail in error, please inform the sender and delete it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed to anyone else or copied without the sender's consent.

Any views and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of English Heritage. English Heritage will not take any responsibility for the views of the author.

P Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to