[Crm-sig] collaboration on FP7 proposals in cultural heritage and semantic technologies

Vladimir Alexiev vladimir.alexiev at ontotext.com
Thu Dec 15 16:35:21 EET 2011

Dear Madam/Sir,

Ontotext is looking for partners for project proposals involving cultural
heritage, semantic technologies and in particular CIDOC CRM.
We are looking:
- for a use case partner (museum, gallery etc) for the LinkQuiz proposal
(see attachment)
- for supporters for the Linked Data Benchmark Council, whose aim is to
improve and standardize RDF performance benchmarking, which is an important
need of large deployments (see two attachments)
- to join consortia in the current FP7 call8 (objective FP7-ICT-2011.8.2),
deadline 17 Jan 2012.
- to join consortia in the upcoming Call 9 (to be open between 18 January
and 17 April 2012) in DigiCult (challenges 4 and 8), and calls relating to
Europeana

About the company:
- Ontotext is a developer of core semantic technologies, including an RDF
repository (OWLIM), text analysis, ontology development, linked data
management, etc
- OWLIM has obtained quite a following in cultural heritage: it's used in
the British Museum, Gotheborg Museum, Poland, Japan, FP7 3D-COFORM, FP7
CHARISMA, etc
http://www.ontotext.com/clients#culture
- cultural heritage is becoming an important vertical for Ontotext.
-- We are currently working with the British Museum on the
www.researchspace.org project that will provide a virtual research
environment for cultural heritage scientists.
-- We're working actively with CIDOC CRM.
-- We have started on publishing Bulgarian heritage in Europeana

Thanks in advance for your interest!
--
Vladimir Alexiev, PhD, PMP
PM/BA, Data and Ontology Management Group
Mobile: +359 888 568 132, SMS: 359888568132 at sms.mtel.net
Landline: +359 (988) 106 084, Fax: +359 (2) 975 3226