[Crm-sig] persistent identifiers - comments

Christian-Emil Ore c.e.s.ore at iln.uio.no
Wed Apr 27 14:04:50 EEST 2011

Dear all,
Øyvind tested the documents on two skilled curators. I "tested" the
documents on the Chair of Norwegian ICOM. His comment was "Many consider
the language used in computer science discouraging if not scaring and I
am among them". A friend of mine, a historian, uses  the term
'humiliating interface' for non user friendly applications.

So to introduce persistent identifiers(uri) to the museums we somehow
have to get our message through this mental barrier. I assume one needs
to formulate the benefits without mentioning the gory details as if we
were speaking to Ludwig II of Bavaria.

Chr-E