[Crm-sig] Call for Comments

Christian-Emil Ore c.e.s.ore at iln.uio.no
Sun Apr 24 23:04:07 EEST 2011

Dear all,
I think it is a long way to convince the curators to use CRM although
most see the point when it is explained. However, this understanding
tends to be forgotten. In Norway, in the university museums the
maintenance of our original crm compliant museum systems is taken over
by  a user governed organisation which in principle is a good idea.
However, a growing tendency to see thise systems as simple storage
management systems is observed. So CRM and the need fro advanced and
scientific information architecture should be a part of the curators'
curriculum.

I have sent an email about the persistent identifiers and LOD ot the
Chair of the Advisory Committee of ICOM, Mr. Knut Wik, in which I tried
to explain the matter and asked for comments.

Regards,
Christian-Emil