[Crm-sig] Call for Comments

Øyvind Eide oyvind.eide at iln.uio.no
Mon Apr 18 21:03:29 EEST 2011

Dear Martin,

 From a museum professional with some, but not a lot of knowledge
about computer systems and with a strong interest in the work of
CIDOC, I received a comment about the scope of this recommendation
along the following lines:

 > If it is meant for only IT professionals it is fine, but if it is
also meant to be understood
 > also by ordinary "stupid" (her expression) museums curators, a
simpler version of
 > the text is also needed.

Could it be an idea to work with some individuals on the non-technical
side in museums, possibly also managers, in order to write a short,
simplified version of the recommendations?

Kind regards,

Øyvind Eide
Unit for Digital Documentation, University of Oslo