[Crm-sig] [Fwd: Linked Data for the Culture Sector]

Vladimir Ivanov nomemm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 23:33:46 EEST 2010

Dear Christian-Emil, All

> The Kunstkamer catalogue is really nice.
Well, there are two representations of the catalogue actually.

The "HTML" version (at www.kunstkamera.ru) retrieves data from an
Oracle's RDB (KAMIS)
which knows nothing about the CIDOC CRM, but this is a master database.

I work on the RDF (CRM-based) representation of that database
including mapping and update processes.

> The material apparently
> describes many expeditions. Did you model them as well, as temporal
> entities?

Yes and no. We model them as _distinct_ E8.Acquisition Events which
are linked to each corresponding object.
The corresponding collector is modeled as an E39.Actor identified by
a term in a certain list.

The Open Office doc with a mapping draft is attached
(cannot attach pdf due to the mailing list limits).

The Kunstkamera catalog doesn't have a list for expeditions - only for
collector names.
So, we don't have few Expeditions, but we have a lot of E8.Acquisition Events.

One possible decision to this issue is to declare sets of equivalent
E8.Acquisition Events
by means of owl:sameAs property or to link E8.Acquisition Events with
similar rdfs:labels
to one _major_ Event (aka Expedition_123).

> In Mr. Brown's case I think it is just a way to sound interesting.
> I hope it will not harm.

So do I.

Russia stands a better chance (Mr. Medvedev has a blog ...)

Best regards,
Vladimir