[Crm-sig] [Fwd: Linked Data for the Culture Sector]

Christian-Emil Ore c.e.s.ore at iln.uio.no
Wed Mar 31 21:24:58 EEST 2010

Dear Vladimir & all,
The Kunstkamer catalogue is really nice. The material apparently
describes many expeditions. Did you model them as well, as temporal
entities?

Your work is very good. I hope it is a step in training curaturs to
understand that it is possible and extremely important to add
information about the context of the museum object to the documentation
systems. Traditionally a documentation database focus on the object only.

Mr Brown:
To play the role of the devil's advocate:
In the spring of 1989, the UK Ministry of Defence declared that all
software to be used by MoD had to be mathematically proved correct and
verified with respect to specifications expressed as formal logical pre
and post conditions. At that time programme correctness (eg type theory
and so called Hoare logic) was the big issue in theoretical computer
science. For some reasons the MoD silently dropped that requirement.

In Mr. Brown's case I think it is just a way to sound interesting. I
hope it will not harm.

Chr-Emil