[Crm-sig] MARC Relators and FRBR

Thomas Baker tbaker at tbaker.de
Wed Mar 31 18:57:21 EEST 2010

Yann,

If I correctly understand, the relators are on the list of
vocabularies to be re-published as part of the http://ip.loc.gov
program, so they may be open to suggestions along these lines.

Note that the MARC properties were declared in 2005 before
DCMI added ranges to its own properties.  A sub-set of
the MARC properties are declared as sub-properties of
http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/contributor [1], which
itself has an unspecified range -- as opposed to the newer
sub-property http://purl.org/dc/terms/contributor, which has
a range of Agent.

Tom

[1] http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/loc.terms/relators/dc-contributor.html