[Crm-sig] ISSUE, modifying non-man-made stuff

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Wed Jul 28 12:13:05 EEST 2010

Dear All,

I received the following question:

"I tried to model link to E18.Physical_Thing from conservation treatment with the P31F.has_modified property (or sub property of
P31F.has_modified) but I run into conflict because P31F.has_modified property has as range E24.Physical_Man-Made_Thing and not a
E18.Physical_Thing."

Our point of view was, that Modification would render a thing man-made. I fear this is wrong.
If a thing would change nature due to such an intervention, it should be regarded as a Production/transformation.
This is in conflict with the definition of modification, not to change the nature of the thing.

I propose to relax the range of P31F.has_modified to E18.Physical_Thing.

Please comment.