[Crm-sig] Issue: Activity Plan

martin martin at ics.forth.gr
Sat Oct 31 15:04:35 EET 2009

Dear All,

I wonder if we should introduce a class "Activity Plan" IsA E29 Design or Procedure:

Scope note:

This class comprises plans to execute instances of E7 Activity in some foreseen future. The planned
activities may have any degree of complexity or elaboration. Plans may be made with or without intention
to execute them, or the intention to execute them may be abandon before their execution. The actual
intention to stick to a plan could be seen as a kind of activity using the plan.

Properties:

"planned to execute activity of type(is type of activity planned by): E55 Type"

"execution was intended for (is intended execution time of) : E52 Time-Span"

I believe this simple model would close the known gap of the CRM to the whole world of planning,
we have so far not addressed, but nevertheless is an integral part also of historical reasoning.

Comments welcome.